A CAT NOx sensor is a type of sensor that measures the amount of nitrogen oxide (NOx) in the exhaust of a diesel engine. NOx is a harmful pollutant that can contribute to smog and acid rain. CAT NOx sensors are used to help reduce NOx emissions from diesel engines.
CAT NOx sensors work by measuring the electrical resistance of a semiconductor material that is exposed to the exhaust. The electrical resistance of the material changes depending on the amount of NOx in the exhaust. The CAT NOx sensor sends this information to the engine’s computer, which can then adjust the engine’s fuel and air mixture to reduce NOx emissions.
CAT NOx sensors are an important part of diesel emissions control systems. They help to reduce the amount of NOx that is released into the atmosphere, which can improve air quality and reduce the risk of health problems.
Here are some of the benefits of using a CAT NOx sensor:
- Reduces NOx emissions from diesel engines
- Helps to improve air quality
- Reduces the risk of health problems
- Can help to extend the life of the engine
- Can save money on fuel costs
- Bosch: 0 258 017 131, 0 258 017 132, 0 258 017 133
- Denso: 234-907-004, 234-907-005, 234-907-006
- Continental: A3C01067600-609, A3C01067600-610, A3C01067600-611
- Siemens: 5WK96681Z, 5WK96682Z, 5WK96683Z
- Delphi: DF139, DF140, DF141
These are just a few of the many different CAT NOx sensor OE numbers that are available. When choosing a CAT NOx sensor, it is important to make sure that the part number is compatible with your vehicle. You can find the correct part number for your vehicle by consulting your owner’s manual or by contacting your local dealership.